From 10 January 2022, the EU is opening a new programme for co-financing of IP right applications, under the SME FundFor 2022, the programme offers a bigger subsidy, providing a 75% discount on application fees for trademarks and designs. In addition, discounts for patent application fees are now also available. The maximum co-financing is 2250 EUR, in the form of: Voucher 1 - 75% discount on official fees for trademark and design applications, and/or 90% of the fees for the IP Scan diagnostic service (worth EUR 500). - up to 1500 EUR. Voucher 2 - 50% discount on official fees for national patent applications - up to 750 EUR. How to benefit?
- You must be an SME under the EU criteria (fewer than 250 staff and either 50m EUR or less turnover or a balance sheet of 43m EUR or less).
- Apply for the co-financing at any point during the program period - from 10 January 2022 to 16 December 2022.
- Each SME can apply once a year for Voucher 1 and/or Voucher 2.
- Vouchers are valid for 4 months from the date of issue and can be extended by another two months.
- Co-financing gives you an opportunity to secure your IP rights with considerable savings. For example, the savings from one EU trademark are at least 637 EUR.
- Financing approval can take some time - apply early to get the approval as early as possible.
- While waiting for the approval, you can carry out preparatory actions such as а trademark search.
- Consult an IP expert before filing your applications, to be certain that your rights will be properly protected and provide you with the appropriate level of protection.